Discover Neverland Weekend at The Strong Museum May 19–20
April 17, 2018
For Immediate Release
Discover Neverland Weekend
at The Strong® Museum
Journey to a magical world during Discover Neverland Weekend at The Strong museum on Saturday, May 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, May 20 from 1 to 4 p.m. Meet enchanting characters, walk on a pirate ship, and more:
- Receive a sprinkle of fairy dust from Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.
- Travel through the museum on a treasure hunt.
- Enjoy story readings with Wendy Darling.
- Visit the Neverland play area and try on fairy wings and pirate hooks.
- Captain the Jolly Roger ship and walk the plank.
- Create a fairy dwelling.
- Meet with local game developer Dan Letzring of Letiman Games and check out his Peter Pan-inspired board game, The Neverland Rescue, on Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m.
Use inspiration from this magical weekend to build your own fairy house and submit it to the 2018 Corn Hill Arts Festival Fairy House Tour. Learn more at cornhillartsfestival.com. Be sure to visit The Strong between July 18 and 29 to view the winning creations from the festival.
All Discover Neverland Weekend activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $15, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Fees subject to change.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.